"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wisdom

"Teach us to number our days aright,
       that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12


This will be a short post, since I still am experiencing difficulty with my left eye. The pain remains as well as blurriness. I perhaps have been doing too much reading and time on the computer, so I'll keep this short.

This Bible verse keeps playing through my mind. Somehow lately, my schedule has gotten incredibly busy. I know that it is just a cycle that I am going through, and hopefully won't last overly long. But in some ways, it has been a good thing.

I have some new endeavors that I am branching out into doing. It's an area where I debated whether I should do it or not, because I know of the amount of time it will require. It may mean having to say 'no' to some good things in my life, in favor of the 'best.'

This verse helps me realize that I need God's wisdom to order my days. Only He knows what I can handle each day. My being busy right now also is helpful. I'm able to see what I can handle, and also when I realize I have taken on too much. It is helping to teach me to better balance things. I pray in the process I will develop that heart of wisdom that only God gives.

No comments: