"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hot Day in PA

It was a busy morning. We had been getting low on groceries, so I decided to travel to a nearby town to go to their bent and slightly broken merchandise store. It had been a very long time since I had been there - not since before Christmas.

As I drove I was amazed at the amount of leaves that are bursting, as well as buds and flowers. I guess spring has finally sprung here in PA. Although you would think that summer had arrived, with the way the temperatures have been the past couple days. Yesterday the thermometer crept to 87 degrees, and it is mirroring that today too! Now I love the beauty of spring, but I'm not quite ready for those hot days! I much more enjoy the coolness of spring, fall and winter.

While on my way to the store, I had a lot of things on my heart and mind. I had checked the email before leaving and discovered two women that are facing some difficult health issues. My heart went out to them. Even though they are far away, I know that God cares about what they are going through. One of the ladies echoed a lot of the things that I have gone through the past several months. I remember what it feels like to be in her shoes, and also know the despair.

I still marvel at the places that God has brought me the past couple months. I stand in amazement at how much God has changed my heart, my life, and my outlook. I know that only through Him can true strength be found. I continue to rest in His presence and rejoice with where He has me. May I be faithful to the call He has placed on my life.

No comments: