"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Joy and Laughter

"Our mouths were filled with laughter,
       our tongues with songs of joy.
       Then it was said among the nations,
       "The LORD has done great things for them."
 The LORD has done great things for us,
       and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:2-3


"A time to weep and a time to laugh,
       a time to mourn and a time to dance." Ecclesiastes 3:4 



Last evening I had two hours of joy and laughter. My Bible study girls met at the high school track to walk together. We paired up as we exercised, and shared what had been happening in our lives. It was an opportunity for our hearts to connect. Our walk was only limited by my foot beginning to protest that it was at it's limit of exercise for the evening.

We then proceeded to our local Rita's for a cold refreshment. Since it was a little chilly, we sat in the car and chatted and laughed. We were laughing so hard, that we steamed up the windows of the car. I know that I haven't laughed as much as that, since the last time we had a fellowship time together. My cheeks were sore when I got home. They had a real workout. :)

When I came home from our evening of sharing, my heart was filled to overflowing. I found the verses in Psalm and thought about how they described the way I was feeling. I also like the verse from Ecclesiastes. If you read Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 you will learn about there being a 'Time for Everything.'

I have had a long time of weeping and mourning, and now feel I'm in a season of laughter and dancing. There still are times when Satan tries to stir things up, and to get me discouraged. However, I am choosing the time of rejoicing and drawing close to God. I praise Him for the gift of joy and laughter and fellowship.

No comments: