"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Resting

Yesterday I was on my feet almost the entire day, except for sitting briefly for meals. It was another gorgeous day in PA, and I was in the mood to get some cleaning accomplished. It was the first time this year that I was able to actually hang my laundry outside to dry. I love that fresh scent from being hung outdoors.

I also spent the time sorting piles - I don't know how they seem to accumulate when I'm not looking! :) I was able to unearth my kitchen counter and table. For now the dining room is covered with a mass of paperwork, since my husband is in process of working on taxes. He hopes to get them finished before the end of this week.

One thing led to another. I looked for something in the fridge and realized some of the apples were going bad. So I pulled them all out and decided to make some homemade applesauce. I also stripped the beds to launder the sheets. I got caught up with paying bills. By the time I say down for supper of homemade chicken Alfredo, I was exhausted, but unfortunately the applesauce was still cooking.

By late night I was having difficulty walking due to the pain in my heels. This morning is a little bit better, but still pretty painful. (I guess I need to break down and get some good quality shoes or inserts to help, or perhaps see the doctor). So it looks like I will spend the day off my feet as much as possible. I hope to get a bit of research accomplished. There still is more information on lighthouses that I need to study as well as learning about Maine. I'm off to hit the books. How do you plan to spend your day?

No comments: