"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, April 16, 2010

Cherishing God's Presence

The LORD is my strength and my shield;
       my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
       My heart leaps for joy
       and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7

Light is shed upon the righteous
       and joy on the upright in heart. Psalm 97:11

 I am taking a quick break from my research to write a blog post for today. I have been having such an incredibly fun time working on the planning for my novel. Each new discovery I find, brings me joy. My mind starts whirring with all the possible scenarios and possibilities.

I have been able to find some great information about the town where I am setting my novel. I have discovered old maps online that show businesses, street names, etc. As the town becomes more concrete before my eyes, I can begin to see my character walking through it. I start to see things through my character's vision. It brings me joy and excitement.

That joy in turn brings me to my Heavenly Father. I know that He has called me to write, and has gifted me in this area. Following in this passion He has given me, brings me great joy. As I continue to learn and discover new information for my book, I can't help but praise God for the path He has me. I am cherishing His presence as I work on this new endeavor. I am greatly blessed. My joy is overflowing again and I had to share it! :)

No comments: