"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Follow the Light

In just a few short weeks my husband, son and I will be attending our state's homeschool fair. It is an event that we eagerly look forward to and enjoy each year. We only have two more times of attending before we finish our homeschooling journey. It seems hard to believe.

I was captivated by the postcard that we received in the mail, to remind us of the fair. The theme for this year is, "Raising up a generation to follow the Light." The card included a picture of a lighthouse on rocky ground. Of course it grabbed my attention because of the lighthouse. I kept it as a reminder of the fair, but also to have on my desk to see as I am writing about lighthouses.

As I looked at it this afternoon, I was struck by the phrase, "Follow the Light." My 'light' is Jesus Christ. Each day it is my goal to faithfully follow Him. Sometimes I do pretty well, other times, not so well. Above all else, I desire to be known as one of His. I also pray that I am able to share His light with those I meet. Each day, it is a good idea to examine how you are doing with "Following the Light."

No comments: