"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, April 12, 2010

Catching Up with Life

 And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.'  
"Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." 
'"But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'
"This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God." Luke 12:16-21

The past few days have been a blur. Our oldest son was home from college from the wee hours Friday morning, through yesterday morning, when we took him to the airport. It was nice to see him in person - to talk, and also to hug him. He only has a month before he will be finished with college for the summer. The time will pass before I know it.

Today I have been trying to get caught up with some things - catching up on sleep, laundry, cleaning up around the house, etc. I also am in the process of preparing for leading a ladies Bible study this evening. A few of us have been working through Lysa TerKeurst's DVD series of Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl. We will be on session three tonight. I look forward to a fun time of laughter and fellowship with these three other ladies. They are a real blessing in my life. This study has particularly drawn us closer together.

Tomorrow I plan to start working more on finalizing the setting for the book I am in the process of writing. Each step brings me closer to the goal of actually writing. I still need to work on characterization as well, before actually writing. I have written the first three pages, but realize I need to finalize my outlining before I can continue.

Isn't that the way life can be? Often we get so excited about something, that we jump into doing it, before we fully plan. God encourages us to plan, and to count the cost before proceeding. So too, I need to plan and figure out the details before I write this book. I must admit that I am quite eager to actually begin, but I know things will go much easier in the long run if I have a plan to guide me along the way. So for now I need to be patient and faithfully plan the direction I need to take.

No comments: