"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Jeremiah!

Wow! It seems hard to believe that today my youngest son turns 16 years old. Where has the years gone? I can't go over how much he is growing and changing into a fine young man.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to read a story that he is writing. It is a school assignment, but he is enjoy being able to work on it each day (all right, some days he grumbles). I was impressed with his writing ability. He has been growing and maturing before my very eyes.

My husband will be heading home around lunch time, so we can spend the afternoon and evening participating in some fun activities with our son. Before we head out for the day, we'll have his traditional birthday meal - hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. I was trying to remember when this tradition actually started.

When Jeremiah was five years old he fell out of the top bunk bed and completely fractured his spleen. He spent a week in the pediatric intensive care unit. After returning home, he had a month of not being able to run, jump, etc. Not exactly something easy to follow for an active five-year-old boy! After his convalescent time was over, we had a "Praise God" party to celebrate. The food he requested to have at the party was macaroni and cheese and hot dogs! Every year since then, that has been the menu for his birthday.

Today I celebrate Jeremiah! My six foot tall 16 year old that has a heart to serve the Lord. I was inspired by his faith last summer, as he stepped out into the unknown to follow the Lord's direction and head to China for almost three weeks.

I know God has great things in store with you and I'm proud of you. Happy Birthday Son!

No comments: