"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, April 30, 2010

Grateful for Small Things

Today is a catch up day for me. I would like to be working on my writing project, but right now so many things are demanding my attention. With leaving in less than a week, there are many things on the 'to do' list. I am extremely grateful that I didn't need to drive my son to work today, or pick him up. This allows me almost three extra hours to be home and get more things accomplished. What a blessing!

For most people, not having to drive a son to work, would be a very small thing. But for me, it is something that I am very grateful for! In the past two months, I think I have had to drive my son each week. So, I praise God when he is able to catch a ride, and I don't need to do the driving! :)


I am slowly working through the things that need to get accomplished, before we leave for the homeschool fair and then Florida. I still have 1/2 book to read and write a review for, before this Monday. I am thankful that I have worked through the other book and booklet and those reviews are already written, and are just waiting to be posted on my blog on Monday.

Yesterday I was able to finally get a good handle on what curriculum I need to pick up at the homeschool fair, for my son's schooling next year. I still need to complete (alright - start) the paperwork needed to submit for his homeschool evaluation. That one will take a while to do.

I also have a writing assignment that is demanding my attention. I need to crack open the book and get started on that as well. I am eager to get started on this, but feel I need to take care of the most pressing things first. I guess in the process of all this busyness, I am learning how to better manage my time.

So I guess, no deep spiritual thoughts for today, other than to take time to be grateful for the little things in your day! Blessings to you!

No comments: