"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Stitches and Sewing

"The Lord is a trustworthy tailor who knows how to stitch together our hours and our days. He has never once failed us in the past, nor will He leave or forsake us now." (Quote from David Jeremiah's book Signs of Life).

I read this quote this morning as part of my daily devotions. I am slowly working through a book by David Jeremiah on the 'Back to Basics of Authentic Christianity.' It's designed to read over forty days. It will take me a little longer than that, since I have had a few days when I have been unable to read.

I shared recently that God has renewed in me my passion for creative writing. I have been immersing myself in researching, planning and writing, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I still am in the process of learning how to balance everything in my life - time for the Lord, my family, homeschooling, the house, my writing, blogging, reading, etc. Some days I do all right, others not so well.

This quote encouraged me of the importance of bringing each day to the Lord, preferably first thing each morning. I need to ask for His help in ordering my day and my schedule. How true, that only the Lord "knows how to stitch together our hours and our days." Only He knows what is best for my day.

No comments: