"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Raining Pink Petals

The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad;
       let the distant shores rejoice. Psalm 97:1


As I look out my window, pink petals are raining down upon the grass. The breeze is slightly blowing, causing our Japanese cherry petals to float to the earth below. Spring has hit early in PA this year. We have had many things bud and bloom, much earlier than normal. Our tree usually is not in full blossom until around the first week of May.

My favorite scene every Spring is waiting to see our cherry tree. The tree has grown quite large and is usually loaded with blossoms. I get such a pleasure and joy out of seeing it each year.

While enjoying it today, I also expressed some sadness with seeing the petals covering the ground. The beauty of the tree will not last much longer. This caused me to think about my life as a Christian. I allow the Lord to reign in my life and be in charge of it. There are times that I can take back that control, and try to rule things, thinking I know what is best. When I do that, I always learn the hard way, that things are optimum when I choose to give up my right to control, and hand it over to the Lord.

I pray that each Spring as I see the pink petals carpeting the ground, I will be reminded of the need to let the Lord completely reign in my life. Only He knows what the future holds, and what is best for me. I can trust Him to hand sift my life, allowing things into it that will help me to grow and be more like Him.

No comments: