"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Planning Week

I guess you could say our summer schedule has officially started. Yesterday my husband and I dropped our oldest son off at the camp where he will be serving the next couple months. My youngest son will be heading out to camp this coming Sunday. While the boys are gone, my husband and I have big plans of what we hope to accomplish during that time.

This week will be our planning week. We both have a desire to do some major tackling of the house - cleaning up, etc. There also are some minor repairs that need accomplished too. We need to replace our shower, as well as some other projects. We plan to go room by room and make a list of what we each want to improve. Then we will come up with a plan of attack. I know it is a huge job ahead of us, but I look forward to getting things in a better semblance of order.

Along with the cleaning, I also plan to have time each day for working on my various writing projects. I am eager to get started. My planning, organizing, and schedule this summer, will help me to know how to better order things for this fall when I get back to homeschooling my son again. I am excited about what God has before us.

There also are some unknowns. It is a good possibility that I will be facing surgery on my foot. I know I will be able to walk on it the next day, but don't know how the recovery process will look. Then there also are some unknowns with my husband as well. God continues to keep us relying upon Him for each day and situation. I rest in the fact that He loves me and is always there for me! What more could I desire?!

No comments: