"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, June 4, 2010

Feet of Peace

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace." Ephesians 6:13-15

I thought of these verses this morning as I went to the podiatrist to pick up my specially ordered sneakers. I have a few days to try them out to see how they fit, before I need to pay the $115 to purchase them. A dear friend commented that for the price, they should glow in the dark, count calories, and all sorts of things. :) Unfortunately, that is not the case. They are just a pair of shoes. Hopefully they will help to ease the pain and discomfort I have been experiencing with the tendon in my left foot. We'll see how it goes!

I like the phrase - "feel fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace." It reminds me of my month long retreat I had in February, when I concentrated on God's attributes of peace. I believe that true peace can only be found in my Heavenly Father. Peace is something that we all desire to some degree or another. Only when I am actively seeking God do I experience this peace.

The more I learned about peace, the more I felt God preparing me for the call that He has placed upon my life. As I continue to let go of things and rest in His presence, He begins to whisper into my heart. Perhaps that is what this section of scripture means. We first need to admit that true peace can only be found in Him, and ask Him to show us how to experience His peace. As our hearts our open, they become ready to do His bidding.

Even with having sore feet right now, I take comfort in the fact that God is making me ready for the things He has in store for me. I desire to be in the center of what He has for me. Right now having peaceful feet sounds great! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"We first need to admit that true peace can only be found in Him, and ask Him to show us how to experience His peace. As our hearts our open, they become ready to do His bidding." --- Amen!! (I would have copied the whole post and said 'amen' but figured that would be too much.) It is always good to be reminded of these things!