"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ten Struggles Christian Women Face - Preview

Yesterday I started once again to work on compiling all of the surveys that I have collected to see what are the top ten struggles that we face as Christian women. This continues to be a hot topic and search. I have multiple hits a day from women across America and around the world who are interested in knowing what these struggles are.

If you haven't had the opportunity to list your top ten struggles, feel free to leave a comment or email me privately. Which ever you prefer. I welcome the additional research.

Although the information is not completed with my research I thought I would at least give you a teaser of what the top struggle has been with predominantly most women. Drum roll please.......

The top struggle we experience as Christian women is our relationship with God. Many women wrote that they have a difficulty having consistent time alone with God. I have been thinking about this and wondering what I could say on the topic that could perhaps help someone.

Would you go an entire day without talking to your children (if they still live at home); speaking with your spouse (if you are married) or perhaps with a close friend or coworker? I think that we need to treat God in a similar fashion. Ultimately He should have first place in our lives. But if we thought of Him as a friend, or beloved family member, I think we would perhaps do better with making sure that we spend time with Him.

The more time you spend with God through prayer and reading His word, the more you get to know Him. You learn His attributes. You become secure in His loving care for you. In order to get to know and become friends with someone, you need to spend a significant amount of time together. He eagerly awaits you to come into His presence. Won't you make sure that you talk with your Heavenly Father today?

No comments: