"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, June 12, 2010

So Many Books, So Little Time

There are so many things that I would like to be doing all at once. I desire to work on my house, but I tend to only seem to have so much energy to work on it each day. I don't know if that's because I'm getting old or what. I have a lot of things that I want to work on in regards to my writing. That includes researching for different items I'm working on as well as reading writing books.

Then there is all those other books I want to be reading. I have gotten back into the habit of reading a bit of fiction lately, trying to get a feel of what is currently on the market. As much as I'm enjoying reading the stories, I also feel like I'm doing research as I analyze what is popular, or how other authors handle writing in the genre.

Of course there also is the nonfiction reading that I enjoy too. I also have been having fun looking through and learning more with the American Christian Fiction Writer's website where I recently became a member. They have various previous workshops posted on their site. It is fun being able to have access to some writing courses that focus on the genre in which I desire to write.

Have you ever felt this way? So many things that you want to be working on all at the same time. I have never been one to just sit around and be bored. I love having the freedom to be at home each day. I am by nature a homebody. This week I had several days where I was able to be home and had nowhere to go. It was such a blessing. Even with being alone and having a lot of time on my hands, I can always find something to fill the day. There always is something that I would enjoy doing - usually multiple things.

What is difficult is being able to juggle and balance what is most important to get accomplished first. I think that is my biggest struggle at the moment. What should take precedence and priority? With all that I desire to work on and do, what is the most important. So I guess I need to keep praying for wisdom and insight from the Lord. Each day I need to seek His wisdom for what He wants me to accomplish that day. Each day may I choose to follow Him.

No comments: