"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, June 25, 2010

A Call to Prayer

I listened to a Christian radio station this morning on my way to my podiatrist appointment. On the 'Haven Today' program they mentioned that Joni Eareckson Tada, who has been a quadriplegic for 43 years, is now facing breast cancer. On Monday she will undergo surgery to have her breast removed.

So today I decided to do something a little different for my blog post. I am asking each of you to be in prayer for Joni over the next few days. If you would like to write a prayer in the comments, I'll make sure that it is forwarded to her in some way or other. Also here is the link to her website if you are interested. http://www.joniandfriends.org

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love your simple joys on the side of your blog. What a great idea! I should start a blog and take your idea. If it's OK with you.