"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, June 7, 2010

Beginning Tomorrow...

"There is a time for everything,
       and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Beginning tomorrow, I'm turning off my email. All right, not quite that drastic, but close. Today is a catch up day, but tomorrow I plan to get started with my summer schedule of writing most days, as well as concentrating on getting the house clean. One of the ways I plan to do this is by having a consistent time of day that I check and respond to email.

I find that once the computer is on in the morning, it is so easy to get bogged down and attached to it. Checking email, checking to see if library books have come in that were placed on hold, checking out a website, etc. So I plan to do something drastic this summer - an experiment of sorts.

Tuesday morning will find me working on my house and writing. I still plan to keep up with my blogs, but will have specific times that I write them, and stick to it. I also plan to only check email twice a day and that's it. I want to be more disciplined and intentional with my activities, so I am able to get more accomplished. I'm looking forward to the opportunities. I'll keep you updated on how things are going with this decision.

No comments: