"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, June 11, 2010

When the Answer Is Wait

Philippians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of god, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Today I had a return appointment with the podiatrist. I have been struggling with foot issues for quite some time now. Last time I saw the doctor he felt that I'm a likely candidate for surgery to deal with the tendon issues in my left foot. So today I went in, ready to say, "Let's do it." I have been frustrated in that I haven't been able to walk anymore, and I still experience pain. I want to start the path of recovery, even if it means surgery. I have bought the expensive shoes to hopefully help and have not noticed much difference.

Well, today I was all ready to say, "Let's schedule surgery," but the doctor had other plans. This time I was given a steroid shot in each foot. Ouch! (Both of my feet/tendons have been having issues). He told me he could give as many as three shots per foot. Oh joy! All right - not joy at all! So now we wait two more weeks to see how I respond to this series of shots. Next step could be specially made inserts, and potential physical therapy, and then still potential surgery. I'd rather bypass it all and jump into surgery, so I can start healing and hopefully walking regularly again.

I know that patience is a virtue - but it is one that I often struggle with in my life - just ask my husband and kids! :) Sometimes I do really well, other times, not so well. Right now I'm frustrated because there are so many things I want to do this summer that require being on my feet. One of the biggest desires is working on the house and getting back into walking. I also plan to write as well, but I can sit down for that one!

Sigh! So here I am, learning to deal with the 'wait' answer that I was given. I know that God isn't surprised by this situation. I know that even though I am frustrated by it (at the moment -all right, sometimes longer than the moment), I realize that God has me here for a reason. I can't tell you what that is right now, but I trust that God knows what is best for me. For now, I ask for His peace to reign in my heart. For now I choose to rest in my Daddy's arms. 

No comments: