"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fill My Cup Lord

Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord!
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul;
Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more--
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!



I'm not exactly sure who wrote this chorus. I thought of it today after meeting a dear friend for lunch. Even though it was hot outside, we sat in the shade, and there was a breeze blowing. We ate our packed lunches and caught up on what has been happening in our lives the past week or so. We try and meet together once a week if we are able. She works at the local college, which is just minutes from my home. It provides a nice break for me to be able to meet together. I find she is a real blessing in my life.


Our time of sharing and conversation reminded me of the different ways that God fills our cup. Sometimes it can be from a conversation with a friend, it could be through a phone call, spending time with the Lord, reading a book, soaking in a tub, a hug,  or a smile. There are many ways and situations that God uses in my life to give me a glimpse of Him.


I praise God for this dear woman that in some ways is just a few steps ahead of me on this path that I am treading. I appreciate her wisdom and encouragement and those times when she can relate to me even in the midst of crazy hormones and schedules. I find her friendship is one that I was needing even when I didn't recognize that I did. But God knew! I thank God for those friends in my life who regularly help to 'fill my cup.'

Who is the friend or friends in your life that do this? I am extremely blessed to have several friends that fulfill this role. One of them lives here in the same town that I do. My other dear friend lives in Georgia. We regularly keep in contact each week through phone calls and time in prayer together. She is my biggest prayer supporter and encourager. I praise God for these two women.


There are other friends I appreciate too. Some of them I don't see as often, but we still connect when we are together. I am regularly blessed by my Perfect Harmony girls. They are a real treasure. Whenever we have been together, I come home with sore face muscles from all of our times of laughter. There also have been times of tears and times of drawing our hearts together through prayer for each other. I praise God for the friendships that He has brought into my life. My friend in Georgia commented that I have become 'the social butterfly.' :) It's funny, a year ago I would never have pictured that of me!

2 comments:

Janice said...

Jodie: You are LOVED!! you have no idea how you have blessed me!

Love, janice

Janice said...

Jodie: this may be a duplicate message, sorry if it is.

YOU ARE LOVED!! You have no idea how our meetings bless me!

Thanks for the blog today!

You rock!!