"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Choosing the Path Before Me

I made a decision yesterday. I have known of God's calling in my life to write, but have been dragging my heels when it came to actively writing. Of course I've been busy with things that have to do with writing, but I was afraid to actually start the process. That fear of failure and unknown was plaguing my thoughts and consuming me.

Yesterday I decided to take the plunge and trust that God was going to be there, and you know what? He showed up! I shouldn't have been surprised. I know He always has my best interest at heart.

So I have chosen to take the path that God has set before me. I pray that it will eventually lead to publication, so that others can read the story He has given me. But for this day, I choose to walk in the way before me by faithfully completing my characterization charts and then moving on to the actual writing process. I choose to follow His will for my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that God is with you as your writing your book. It's so awesome to see where God leads when we allow Him to.

Anonymous said...

hi ... saw your post on noveltrack and decided to check out your blog ... amazingly ... or not, really ... God showed up for me too today ... had been okay with my story, but undecided on the ending ... today, thanks to a post in one of the ACFW loops, someone said something that exploded in my head and boom! there was the ending i'd been struggling to find for SOOOOO long ... so, as novice too, i want to say i will pray for you and for everyone as we collectively jump into this wonderful, God inspired endeavor and trust that He will always show up ... as you said, He always does!

only by His grace,

noel