"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, August 20, 2010

A Whole New World

I just set up a Facebook account this afternoon/evening. I don't know that I know enough about it - probably just enough to be dangerous! :) I can see why people could spend hours on it. I was on for a while, just trying to figure things out. I opted to set up an account as part of my writing career.

I can't help but wonder if people join Facebook and other such organizations, because they have a desire to connect with someone. It makes me realize that God designed us for relationship and fellowship with each other. At times we use other things or people to substitue what we are really seeking in God. I'm not crticizing. I just realize that we need to be careful. What are your thoughts on this issue?

No comments: