"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Love Being Home

"The fear of the LORD leads to life:
       Then one rests content, untouched by trouble." Proverbs 19:23 


I always have been a person who enjoys being home. I also love time alone. I can always find something to do, or rest in having nothing to do. In other words, I am rarely, if ever bored. I love the life that God has given me. I so appreciate my husband supporting my being home all of these past years to raise our family. We are within two years of completing that time of actively raising our children, before they will likely both be out of the nest.

I find after several days of running, I am always ready to be home. (Actually I'm content to be home most all of the time, with very little running!) We had an enjoyable time away over the weekend visiting my in-laws in Virginia. Yesterday I had planned on being home and unwinding from our trip. Our plans were changed when my son continued to have issues with his finger over the weekend. Last week he had smashed his finger in the door and had been having pain in it ever since. It continued to worsen while we were away, so we knew it needed some attention when we got home.

Yesterday we were able to schedule a doctor appointment in the afternoon. They punctured his fingernail in two spots, to relieve the pressure. We also went for x-rays to make sure that he hadn't fractured or cracked any of the bones in his finger. It made for a long day, but thankfully he is feeling quite a bit better now. 


Today I am relishing in the fact that I'm able to be home. I did have to run a few errands around lunch time, but that is it. The rest of my hours will be at home catching up with things, as well as working on my writing assignment. I am so thankful that God has called me to be home.

1 comment:

Terri Tiffany said...

You sound like me. I love to be home and feel so comforatable here. But now and then it gets to me and I have to get out around people:)