"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Hero

“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” Ephesians 5:25


My husband is my hero. We have been married for almost 23 years (in December). He continues to be my greatest supporter. I am incredibly blessed by this dear man. Today he felt impressed to take our van to work. Usually he leaves it here for me to use, but he really felt like he was supposed to take it.

We keep a shield in the front window to help the vehicle to not be quite so hot. When he folded it up this morning he found two hornets, that weren’t too happy. In fact one of them stung him in the leg. He was so thankful that it had happened to him, and not to me. He was able to prevent me from getting stung. My dear, sweet husband knight – ready to fight dragons on behalf of his fair maiden, despite the size. :)

He also endeared me, by staying up in the wee hours of night yesterday to work on a page template that I needed to have today. It will be used throughout the next two years. He sacrificed his sleep to help me out. I know he didn’t get to bed until after 1AM because he emailed me the document at 1:05 AM, after working on it on his computer.

As much as my husband loves and supports me, he is but a dim reflection of how much God loves and cares about me. I am incredibly thankful for my husband. He is my best friend and I am more in love with him now then when we first married. He has stood by me in all the ups and downs that we have faced together. I wouldn’t choose anyone else to be by my side. In this roller coaster of life he is my hero.

No comments: