"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, August 30, 2010

Catching Up

Today I was at the opthalmologist for a check up to see how the pressure was doing in my eyes after some procedures I had performed in early spring. This was the first time to see if the pressure had come down, like the doctor was hoping. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. I had a field of vision test and am not sure of the results. I will return in early January to check the optic nerve. If the pressure still remains high, we'll try another eye drop to see if that makes the difference. The doctor commented that my eyes are stubborn.

One note of encouragement is that I am slowly noticing a little bit of progress with my feet healing and not being quite so painful. I still have to be very careful and watch that I don't overdo. I pray that I'll be able to stand for at least part of the patriotic cantata that we'll be singing in on September 11th. I don't want to stress my feet too much since less than a week later I'll be hopping an airplane and having to trek through the airport.

I praise God that even in the midst of uncertainties and ups and downs in our lives, the Lord is always faithfully beside us. What a blessing to have the Lord.

No comments: