"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, August 6, 2010

The Power of Prayer

"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16b

I'm thankful for the power of prayer that I witness in my life and those around me. I am especially thankful for friends that come alongside me to uplift, encourage and pray for me when I'm in the midst of difficult situations. It can be a real blessing to have someone that has walked the pathway ahead of you, reach back and encourage you to keep going. They know and understand the pain, frustration and sorrow you may be going through, and are able to tell you that things will get better.

There have been many times in my life when I have felt and witnessed this loving support and care. I pray that I am able to do that for others as well. Today I am thankful for friends and dear sisters in the Lord that love and support me.

No comments: