"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Coming and Going

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

Ever have one of those days when you feel like you are coming and going at the same time? That's how things have seemed to be ever since we returned back home after being away for a few days. Today was spent trying to get caught up with laundry and weeding my way through 300+ emails that came in over the weekend. Then I also needed to take my son to the doctor and run errands and get medicine.

Our son has either strep throat or mono. The doctor was convinced that he had strep throat because his tonsils look pretty bad. The test came back negative, but the doctor  feels it may have been to early to test accurately. There also is the possibility for mono.

Tonight I am feeling pretty weary and possibly that I am catching something as well. Unfortunately my son drank out of my water bottle on the way home Sunday evening, which means I may get whatever he has. But I rest in the fact that even when things are crazy and I'm feeling tired, weary and worn out, that God still gives us strength. I praise God that He doesn't get weary in watching over us. He loves and cares about us. I choose to rest in that.

No comments: