"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, August 23, 2010

A Sound that Always Brings a Smile to My Face

I have been sitting here working on the computer for quite some time now. It's been a beautiful day, so I have had the windows open. As I have been writing, there has been a constant flurry of activity and chirping at the bird feeder that is just outside our kitchen window. Sparrows and other birds are eagerly awaiting their turn at the feeder.

I can't think of any other sound I hear that instantly brings a smile to my lips and joy to my heart, other than hearing the birds. I especially take pleasure in hearing cardinals. They are my favorite bird. What a joy this afternoon to hear the birds.

No comments: