"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thirsty for God

I am reading a book by David Jeremiah entitled Signs of Life. He says, "as Christians we should be making people thirsty for God." I think it is important to examine our lives routinely to see how we are doing with this. Some questions to ask:

"Am I encouraging others in their Christian walk?"
"Is it evident to those I meet that I am a follower of Christ?"
"Is my speech honoring to God?"
"Are my deeds evident of my motivation as Christ's child?"

Think of a hot summer day when you have been working outside for a few hours. You take a break and relax in the shade, drinking an iced cold glass of tea, lemonade or water - something that refreshes and quenches the thirst. This is how we should be to the people we meet - a cool drink in a dry and thirsty land.

How are you doing with making people thirsty for God?

No comments: