"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Getting Back to Normal?

Is there such a thing as normal? If it is, that is what I am in the process of achieving today! Yesterday was a long day of traveling. I was awake by 5 AM, even though I saw almost every hour on the clock throughout the night. I arrived home around 4 PM yesterday afternoon. There was just enough time for me to unpack and relax for a few minutes before heading to my son's swim banquet. It was almost 10 PM by the time we returned home, and by then I was exhausted.

This morning my son and I slept in, and decided to have our schedule be a little different than normal. He needs to lead his guy's small group that he is involved in at our church this evening, and needed time to prepare for that. We will double up on school work probably on Friday, since he will be working tomorrow. This will allow me time tomorrow, to check on his progress with his lessons while I was gone.

The day has been somewhat leisurely. I did go grocery shopping at two different places and have almost finished two loads of laundry. I think I have trudged through the emails that came in while I was in Georgia, or at least the ones that needed immediate attention. I still have a few that are awaiting my reply. All in due time! :) I have yet to address the stacks of mail awaiting my perusal. I'm sure they won't go anywhere!

I did also manage to spend some time on the computer requesting library books to start researching my next writing project. Hopefully some of them will come in, before we leave on Friday evening for traveling to Virginia to visit my in-laws. (It will be our eldest son's 19th birthday on Saturday - his first time not to be home, so we opted to go away so we don't miss him as much!) I am anxious to get started with the research. I also plan to make this the topic of my next column for Home School Enrichment magazine.

It is a joy to be back home again, even though I had a wonderful time being away. I enjoyed my first good night's sleep since before I left. It may take me a few days to recover from being on vacation! Hopefully my sleep pattern isn't adversely affected while we are away this weekend! :) I guess such is the hazard when you are a creature of habit! At any rate, I feel blessed to be home again with my loved ones. I am grateful.

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I must be a creature of habit also because I never do really well when I'm out of my everyday habitat!

Hope you have a good time seeing your in-laws!

Marilyn...in Mississippi