"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Honey!!!

What an incredibly blessed woman I am to be married to my beloved husband. Today is his 44th birthday. Here is a poem to celebrate him.

My Beloved One
Smiles and laughter,
Joy and tears,
Hard times and good
Treasured time with you.

Newly married,
Army life,
Moving and moving some more.
Tour of duty in Germany.

Joy of expecting,
Sorrow from loss.
Uncertain joy,
When expecting again.

First boy to join the fold.
Learning as new parents,
Enjoying each day,
Three years later another dear one.

Trials and tribulation,
Ups and downs,
Smoke damage,
and ski accidents.

Through all we have faced,
You are always there beside me.
Holding my hand
And lifting me up.

My best friend and lover,
The one I hold dear.
Hope your day is a special one,
Happy Birthday my dear!

No comments: