"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Joy of the Lord is My Strength!

"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7

It is a beautiful sunny day in PA. In a short while, I'll drive to pick my son up from work. The afternoon will be busy with his working on his school work, and I need to do some home school planning during that time. For now, I am just relishing in the joy of being where God has me at this moment.

There are pressing things, as always - paying the steep deductible to get our van fixed from an accident, an expensive physical therapy bill, the cost of regular maintenance on our van, etc. Even though we are faced with some big expenses at the moment, I still cling to God's directing me to soon start taking a writing course. At this point, I'm not sure where the money is going to come from, but I trust God's direction and leading in my life.

I am excited about where He is leading me. He gives me joy each day, and that joy gives me strength. I relish in the love of God.

1 comment:

Mari said...

Your confidence is giving me confidence! Thanks for the lift.