"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Contentment

It's been a good day. I had the day to myself since my husband and son were working today. It was a cool fall day. After taking my son to work early this morning, I came back and started tackling some projects around the house. I had piles on the kitchen counter, kitchen table and dining room table, but no more! I was able to successfully get through them all.

While I worked I had Christmas music playing in the background and had an apple candle burning. It spurred me to keep on working. I also had the cupboard to go through that had all my plastic ware. Somehow whenever I pull out a container and fill it, it just happens to be the one that doesn't have a lid, for whatever reason. So it was time to go through them all and make sure they each had a lid. I even had time to talk with my friend in Georgia and do meal preparations before again having to leave to go pick my son up from work.

I found time to walk after supper tonight while my guys were again gone. As I walked I couldn't help but think about the contentment I have felt today. I also have felt a sense of accomplishment, that I was actually making some headway with the house! I also have been working hard at trying to eat less and exercise more. Most days I have been pretty successful. I'm in the process of doing better in a lot of areas of my life. Just knowing I'm on the right road helps to give me contentment.

Now it's time to curl up with a book and relax for a while. What a sweet blessing rest and relaxation can be as well! :)

No comments: