"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, October 5, 2009

Waiting Line

Today is a cool day in PA. I filled the bird feeder this morning, and also put out a board that we place on the deck for overflow of birdseed. Some of the bigger birds will choose to eat from the deck since it is a larger area to perch. In fact as I write this, I can hear a cardinal outside cheeping as it eats.

In between laundry loads I would look out to observe the birds. There were at least three cardinals on the board at one time, as well as several sparrows. My rose of Sharon bush is lined with little birds awaiting their turn at the feeder. It gives me such pleasure to see these beautiful creatures that God has created.

As I have watched the birds in the bush, they seem to be patiently awaiting their turn to eat. It makes me wonder how well do I do when I'm in a 'waiting' period of my life. Do I chomp at the bit, raring to go, or do I just snuggle in my Heavenly Father's arms, awaiting His go ahead? How do you do in this area?

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:26

No comments: