"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Good Day

I have been making some headway with my cleaning today. I spent the morning working on deep cleaning our master bathroom. It has been in sad shape. It's one of those things that I think I will always get to, but never seem to make the time to do it. Well, today was the day to make it happen! I still have the smell of Clorox and cleansers in my nose. The throw rugs have been washed and are in the dryer. I have Clorox water in the sink, soaking that will soon be ready to be drained, and do a final clean up of the sink area.

Also this morning I worked on getting my entrance hall presentable again. I don't know why, but for some reason that is where things seem to accumulate. All the things that were there that didn't belong are back in their home now. I still would like to vacuum, but needed a break.

There is a lot I would like to accomplish today while my guys are gone for the weekend with a scouting activity. I also am enjoying time to just rest and relax too. It's a beautiful day and I plan to go for a walk at some point as well. There also is school planning that I should address as well. I will try and do some of that too.

Uppermost on my thoughts lately, is seeking God's direction for what He wants me to do. I have always enjoyed writing - both fiction and nonfiction. I am starting to feel the pull to get back into doing it again. I still don't have a clear direction of which way I will go. I thoroughly enjoy writing Bible studies, because it causes me to really dig in God's Word and grow. But lately I'm also feeling pulled to write a story as well. Don't know which direction I will go at this point. For now I'm in the ruminating process right now, awaiting God's guidance.

The Christmas music continues to play at our home, and often in the car as well. I welcome the cooler weather. It's been a joy to see some of the winter birds returning to our bird feeders. I get such pleasure at watching them each day.

Last month was a time of adjustment for all of our family - dealing with having our oldest son off to college, and other things as well. My initial response typically is to close in, which can be good and bad. For this time, it was good in that it allowed me time to process different things that we are experiencing. I feel that I'm on the threshold of new things. I chose to go to a ladies game night with our church last night and found that I was glad that I went and had a good time.

I am more enthused with getting things taken care of around the home. In some ways it seems like I have been in a fog the past six months since my husband's ski accident, and finally feel that I am breaking through, and beginning to see clear sky ahead. For me, Christmas music is soothing and encouraging. I love Christmas time. I love to decorate the house, and the special foods that we have at that time of year. It usually is a time for our family to be home together and have some relaxing and fun times. I look forward to that especially this year, with having my oldest home for a little over a month. My youngest son also shares my enthusiasm and would like to decorate for Christmas already. I will hold off a little while longer! :)

Well I'm off to working on my vacuuming, check and see if the rugs are dry, as well as a list of other things as well. I hope this day finds you rejoicing in God our Savior!

No comments: