"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, October 9, 2009

The Way of Wisdom

"Mom's Apple Pie" candle is burning. Amy Grant's 'Home for Christmas' is quietly playing in the background. The guinea pigs are squeaking. I just sat down after a morning of getting the house back to order again. Those piles just seem to multiply when I'm not looking. The counters and tables that were cleaned over the weekend, somehow had piles by the end of the week. But for now, they are 'pile' clean! :)

In my devotions this morning, I came across this verse in Job: "The price of wisdom is far above pearls." (Job 28:18b) But the wisdom I seek is not something that this world readily recognizes. I seek the example of Ephesians 1:17-18 "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints."

Also from James 1:5-6 "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."

Even in the church, the people that speak the most are often thought as wise. This is contrary to what it says in Proverbs 10:19 "When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise." I desire to be a wise woman of God. I know I need to guard the words that I say out loud, as well as what I also think in my heart. My prayer today is for wisdom to become a part of who I am. It is something I seek and desire.

What is your heart's desire this day?

No comments: