"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cool Day in PA

It's an overcast day and the wind is blowing. The thermometer says 62 degrees, but it feels much cooler than that. The geese have been flying overhead the past several weeks. I guess they feel it is time to make that trek south where there are warmer temperatures.

I welcome the cooler temperatures and the leaves turning to soft hues of brilliant color. I long await the first snowfall. Lately I have been in the mood for things like hot apple cider, apple crisp, lighting a nice smelling candle and curling up with a good book. I have been starting to think about something to write as well. I still have not decided if I want to work on something fiction or nonfiction. I enjoy reading and writing both of those genres.

This time of year also makes me think of working on crafts. It's been quite a while since I have done a knitting project. I also enjoy cross-stitch as well, but it is something that my eyes struggle with seeing. I soon will take the time to look for a pattern and yarn and get started.

Then there is the house that is desperately awaiting cleaning. I don't know how my 'piles' have reproduced so quickly. You think they were related to rabbits or something. That's another thing on the "To Do" list that needs to be accomplished.

In a few weeks I will be starting to lead a Bible study on the book of Acts. That too is needing my attention. I look forward to sharing in fellowship with other ladies. I pray that God uses the time together in a mighty way. I also desire to do some studying on my own as well. I have several different areas I would like to research.

Even though the house is a wreck at the moment, I look forward to being able to focus on it this weekend, as well as some fun activities too. It's been a good day. I have gotten a lot of paperwork accomplished, and feel that I am on the road to getting better organized. In a little while I plan to go for a brisk walk for my health. That's another area I am trying to do a better job of managing.

So many things that vie for our attention. Today is a day where I'm not feeling overwhelmed, but anxious to get started on the journey. I guess that is part of what it says in scripture about being a Proverbs 31 woman. Each day may I strive to be more like one! :)

No comments: