"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Inspiring Book That Inspires and Teaches

Thought we would do something a little differently today. Here is a book review of Lysa TerKeurst's new book entitled Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl. I highly recommend it! :)

"Becoming more than a good Bible study girl means I separate my shortcomings from my identity and let Jesus be the only measure of my worth. Separating the circumstances from my identity allows me to see the circumstances for what it is..."
(quote from Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl).

As a woman it is often easy to get caught up with the struggle of self-worth. We allow our shortcomings to define who or what we are. We think "if only" and cause ourselves to spin in a downward spiral, sinking deeper into the pit of despair. But God desires for us to break those chains that so easily entangle us when we get our eyes off Him.

"One day it dawned on me to ask God for more. I literally started begging Him for insights and revelations and proof that more was possible. And slowly the shift occurred. God honors the honest prayers of people desiring a richer connection with Him."

"God, I want to see You.
God, I want to hear You.
God, I want to know You.
So that I can follow hard after You every day."
(quotes from Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl).

This has become my prayer as well and I am looking for great things to be happening in my life as I continue to draw closer to the Lord.

This book is like all of Lysa's previous books - inspiring. She comes alongside you as a trusted friend to guide and encourage. A must read!

No comments: