"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fill My Cup Lord

I keep thinking of the words to this old hymn.

Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord!
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul;
Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more--
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!


What made me think of this? Believe it or not, our two guinea pigs prompted those ponderings. Recently these two have developed a new habit. Whenever their food bowl gets low, they tip it over, completely upside down. I guess they do this in hopes that we will notice it, and fill it again with food. Pretty smart, because it usually happens.

This evening when I saw the empty bowl, it made me think of our need to go to our Heavenly Father each day and ask Him to fill our cup. It's easy to become drained, weary and worn from the days activities. We need Him to refresh, renew and refill us. I praise God that He is always there and available, just waiting for me to call out to Him.

'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' Jeremiah 33:3

No comments: