"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Do You Know Where You are Going?

This morning we received word of the death of a local teacher that had just retired and relocated to Florida. He was in the process of moving into his new home. He had taught at our local high school as a Latin teacher for over 30 years. He also was a swim official, which is how my husband got to know him.

His death came as a shock to us. It made me realize and remember how fragile life is. We never know how long we have to live on this earth. This makes it extremely important to be assured of where you will spend eternity. It's pretty simple really. If you have accepted Christ in your life, and allow Him to be in control, you know that you will be in heaven one day. Have you made that decision yet?

I honestly don't know for sure whether or not this teacher friend knew the Lord. His death reminds me of the importance of sharing the hope that I have with others. I pray that God uses me to reach out to those that I know, to share His love and hope.

No comments: