"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, September 2, 2010

I AM

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

"Give us each day our daily bread." Luke 11:3 



I have been thinking about this verse today. I met a friend for lunch and we discussed it. She shared about a book she is reading that talked about the fact that we serve a God who is "I AM" not I was or I will be (although God has been throughout all time). I like the fact that God will be with me always.

 I also have been thinking about living each day to its fullest, without regrets, following what God has called us to do. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in being worried about the 'what if's' in our future. I pray that I can take things one day at a time.

Jesus said we should ask God for our daily bread. We trust Him with our future, but one day at a time. My prayer is for strength for this day.

No comments: