"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Second Chance Brides by Vickie McDonough

Second Chance Brides by Vickie McDonough begins where book one in the Texas Boardinghouse Brides ended. I was pleased to have Rachel, Luke and Jack return in this sequel. I enjoyed reading of the escapades of young Jacqueline Davis and her adjustments to having a new father.

Vickie McDonough shares the stories of Shannon O'Neil and Leah Bennett in this captivating sequel. I love the twist that Vickie used in this continuing story of the mail-order brides. I found this book to be a wonderful read and highly recommend it.

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Vickie at the ACFW conference this past weekend. I found her to be as charming as her books.

No comments: