"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, September 13, 2010

Laughter

"Our mouths were filled with laughter,
our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
"The LORD has done great things for them." Paalm 126:2
 
I praise God for the gift of laughter and joy. I have had several opportunities to experience laughter today, through a phone call with a dear friend and an evening out with another dear friend. At times life can seem quite overwhelming. It's easy to get overwhelmed and bogged down by various situations that are out of our control.
 
I had the blessing of having multiple times of laughter and joy today as I shared with my friends. It amazes me how laughter can lighten our hearts, bring us joy and lift us up. I think there are times that we need to choose joy instead of sorrow. To choose gratitude instead of complaining and bitterness.
 
Today I am praising God for laughter and the blessing of friends.

No comments: