"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, October 1, 2010

God's Not Surprised

Today has turned out differently than I had planned. By now I was to be in VA with my husband and sons, visiting my in-laws and celebrating some birthdays. But yesterday we received a phone call that a family member had died. Funeral plans weren't known at that point. Less than an hour before we were to leave this morning, I received word that the times were set now, and the services would be much earlier than we anticipated.

It was a difficult decision, but my husband and sons continued on with their plans to travel to VA while I opted to stay home and attend the services tomorrow and Sunday afternoon. I continue to remind myself God is not surprised when we often are. I am thankful the call came before we left for VA, thus allowing me the opportunity to change plans. I praise God who is all-knowing. He is worthy of our trust!

No comments: