"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Hey, It's Me."

I was clearing off the answering machine yesterday. I laughed as I listened to three messages that were back to back. All three of them started out with the words, "Hey, it's me." The first message was from me as I called home to let my husband know I was on the way home. The next two messages were from our college bound son. He called twice on Saturday while we were out. Each time he said the same thing as I had said on my message, as a greeting.

It first struck me as I heard the similar tone as we said the words. I chuckled as I heard my son's voice echoing mine. It made me think though. We both announced who we were. Of course it was obvious from our voices, who was who. I also thought further about when all of us pray to our Heavenly Father. We don't have to start by saying, "Dear Lord, it's me Sarah... or it's me, Ben." He knows our voice even before we speak. He knows our needs before we even ask.

I don't know about you, but I am thankful that I have a God that knows all about me before I even ask.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am also thankful that He knows what our need is without us asking because there are many times that I just do not know what to ask for. He has always been faithful to show me the words and the way that I need to go.