"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Baking Day

Today is my day to be home alone. My son is off working a day earlier than normal, since his grandparents are coming for a short visit tomorrow and will leave Friday morning. I plan to spend the day doing some baking. I plan on making homemade bread, granola and chicken pot pie. I think I also might have enough older bananas that I could make some banana bread as well.

It's overcast and drizzly outside, so figured it was a good day to be inside in my kitchen. I will soon have Christmas music playing, a candle burning, and good smells coming out of the oven. How do you plan to spend today?

No comments: