"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day Ten - Thankful for Family

A big chunk of today you would have found our family at the local high school swimming pool. Our son had his first swim meet of the season, and my husband and I were there to support him. It was a bittersweet time for me, as last year, both of my sons were swimming. Now my oldest is off at college and won't be home for Thanksgiving this year. He won't make it home until a week before Christmas.

But as we spent the day together at the pool and then running a few errands before coming home, I couldn't help but be thankful for our time with each other. Then we were apart for a short time while I ran for groceries, and my husband and son went out to deliver the popcorn that he had sold for Boy Scouts. Now we are back home again, just enjoying a relaxing evening.

I am thankful for family today, and being able to be together. I eagerly look forward to the time when our oldest son is home and we have that family time as well. I look forward to being able to give him a big hug after he steps off the airplane. But in the mean time, I am content with the family that is here in PA.

When was the last time you gave a family member a hug and told them you appreciate them? Why not do so today?

No comments: