"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day Four - Thankful for A Day of Rest

Sundays are one of my favorite days of the week. First because it is the day of the week that we set aside as specific time that we focus on the Lord. Since our boys have been little we have always treated the day as a little different than any other day of the week. It's a day when we choose very carefully of the activities that we are involved in doing.

We choose to have a day of rest like was mentioned in the Ten Commandments. Sundays are not days that we choose to mow the lawn, go for groceries, or do our normal everyday chores. It's a day that is set apart. It's the day of the week that we choose to deliberately slow down our pace of life quite a number of notches.

For me, it often involves taking a Sunday afternoon nap. Usually after we have attended church services and eaten lunch, I find myself crawling in bed for some extra rest, more than I typically get throughout the week. This afternoon I was very tired. So after almost three hours of rest, I am feeling refreshed and renewed again. So today I am thankful for that opportunity to have a day of rest.

No comments: