"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Call to Thankfulness - Day One

As I listened to my local Christian radio this morning, they brought to mind an idea of something that they are doing as well. Thanksgiving is two weeks from today! Isn't that hard to believe? That means it's only about six weeks until Christmas.... I digress. Back to the issue at hand.

Over the next two weeks I encourage....challenge you each day to come up with something that you are thankful for in your life. Each day share it with at least one person. If you do Facebook, you could post it on there, or post it on a comment here on my blog. I believe if we truly look each day for something that we are thankful for, by the time Thanksgiving is here, we will be overwhelmed with God's goodness in our lives!

So for me, for today, I am thankful for a loving husband. He encourages me when I'm down, gives me hugs when he knows I need them, brings home a meal when he knows I've had a rough day and am too tired to cook, prays with me, loves me, and is my best friend!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: