"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Come Into the Light

I have been suffering from a severe headache that has lasted for several days now. As I thought about it, headaches aren't something new for me. I realize that for the past almost year I have had one almost every day of some form or another. Usually they aren't too bad, I can still function without much difficulty. Every now and then they are a little more severe. Some days I am headache free. However, the past few days have been some of the worst. Not only did I have severe head and eye pain, but also light sensitivity as well. Most of our lights have been set to a very dim setting the past few days. I took a nap yesterday in my son's room because it is very dark there.

Now I don't know why I have been going through so many headaches. In a few weeks I will be going to an ophthalmologist to see if they have any clues to help me. But as I thought about headaches, I also couldn't help thinking about sin as well. Just like my headaches have become a constant thing in my life. It started gradually. I was shocked when I realized that it has been a year since they first started. How has it gotten to be that long?

So too sin can subtly creep into our lives. A small compromise here, a white lie there... You get the picture. But God desires for us to live holy and pleasing lives. He calls us out of the darkness and into the light. Where are you standing today? In the glory of Christ's light or are you hovering on the fringes of light?

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

No comments: