"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day Eight - Thankful in the Silence

I'm alone in a quiet house as I write this. Even the guinea pigs are quiet at the moment. I smiled as I checked my blog this morning and there were no comments....again! :) Silence there as well! My first thought was, perhaps I shouldn't do this thankfulness series. But then as I prayed about i,t I realized it is something that I feel God is calling me to do - to focus on being thankful each day as we get closer to celebrating Thanksgiving.

So today I am thankful for the silence, and for time alone. It allows me time to pray and reflect on my life and the direction that God wants me to go. I actually enjoy having days where I am just home alone. It allows me time to get things accomplished, but also time to be refreshed and renewed.

So in my silence today, I plan to finish my Christmas decorating before my husband returns home from his trip. I plan to perhaps work some on stamping my Christmas cards. But also in the midst of things 'to do', I also plan to take some time to just rest and perhaps read some more on Lysa TerKeurst's new book Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl. May you find a few moments alone today to rest and reflect in the silence.


No comments: